It was my work with youth and my desire to support them more fully that prompted me to pursue a Master’s of Counselling Psychology Degree from Adler University. I have completed training in Narrative Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy and have completed training in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing). In order to manage the stress of completing this education while working in the school system I began to practice yoga and my passion was ignited!
Contact us for a free 30 minute session to help decide if we are the right fit for you on your journey to wellness
Kelly Ranford (M.Ed, M.C.P. RYT – 200)
My name is Kelly Ranford and I have had the privilege of working alongside youth and their families in the public school system for 27 years.
- Bachelor of Education, Special Education Major – University of Alberta (1990)
- Master’s of Education in Literacy – Simon Fraser University (2011)
- Master’s of Counselling Psychology – Adler University (2016)
- Naked Truth 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (2017)
- Registered Yoga Teacher (200) – Yoga Alliance (2018)
- EMDR Institute Basic Training (2018)
- Narrative Therapy – Foundations Certificate (2016)
- BCACC (BC Association of Clinical Counsellors) Registration (2017)
- Therapeutic Yoga for Trauma and Resilience – Langara College (2018)
- Yoga Outreach Core Training (2018)
- Using Expressive Therapy with Children and Youth
- Personalizing Mindfulness Meditation Practice
- Psoas Love: Breath Centric Asana to Explore Your Center
- iRest Yoga Nidra Guided Meditation
- Yoga Therapy for Better Sleep
- Transformation Through Post-Traumatic Growth
- Mastering the Core Skills of Mindfulness: The Key to Developing a Consistent Mindfulness Practice
- The Heart of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): Discovering Inner Peace and Freedom
- Mindfulness for Children and Teens: A Practical Approach
- Healing Self: Integrating Mindfulness with Internal Family Systems (IFS)
In order to share this passion, I completed Naked Truth Yoga Teacher Training and am honoured to share my practice with others. It is through this practice that I have come to discover a holistic way to begin the healing journey of mind, body, and spirit that blends therapeutic counselling and yoga.
In my exploration of yoga as a vehicle for healing I completed a Certificate in Therapeutic Yoga for Trauma and Resilience from Langara College in order to provide this experience for clients. This learning has helped me to design Gentle Healing Yoga Sessions and Therapeutic Groups that provide education, grounding, breathwork, gentle stretching, guided visualization, and progressive relaxation experiences. This practice has allowed participants to befriend and reclaim their bodies in order to move toward more complete wellness.
I align myself with George Valliant’s notion that spirituality is not about organized religion or sacred texts but comes to us through awe, gratitude, compassion, love, hope, joy, peace, and patience. It is my hope that through our work together that you have more access to these experiences than you may have currently.